top of page
  • How will AdmissionAbroad help me identify which country/university I should make an application to?
    During the initial counselling session, our experienced counsellors will discuss with you your passion and areas of interest for pursuing a higher degree. At the same time, we will help you identify the benefits that each country has to offer, based on your short term and long term plans. This will help us suggest universities and courses that will give you the most value as a student and a professional.
  • Does AdmissionAbroad charge for the consultancy service for admission into universities abroad?
    AdmissionAbroad has an affiliation with over 700+ universities and higher educational institutes globally. If we are able to place you in any of the institutes we are affiliated with, there is no charge whatsoever. The services are free from the time of initial counselling till the time we have got your Visa approved and ready to send you on your way.   Over 95% of students who have gone through AdmissionAbroad have gone to their preferred destination without having to pay us for the services rendered. Exceptional circumstances do however require you to pay an administrative charge as indicated in the Fees and Charges Section <Link to Fees and Charges Page>
  • How many universities can I apply to?
    After having received the list of course options, we will help you identify and prioritise at least 3 universities into which we will submit your application. Supplementary applications can be made should the response from the first three universities be undesirable.
  • Does AdmissionAbroad guide me on necessary exams that I need to appear for?
    When we provide you with the list of course options, we also provide details on the eligibility requirements, and any necessary standardised exams that you would need to appear for in order to be eligible for a chosen course.
  • What are the exams that I need to take in order to pursue my study?
    Depending on your preference of destination you may need to appear for certain standardised tests such and SAT, ACT, GRE and GMAT. Most institutes also require a mandatory English proficiency test such as the IELTS and TOEFL.
  • How many of these Colleges/Universities have Job Placement? Will I get a good job after my Graduation?
    International universities do not offer a job placement, however, they often have an International Student’s Support cell that guides students on ways of landing a job suitable to their skills and knowledge. Our counsellors can also provide you with relevant information on the same.
  • Can I work part time during my study?
    Working part time while studying abroad is a normal practice in the life of an international student. It can teach you values on time management and networking. As a full time international student, you are generally allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week. However, do check with the relevant authorities as some countries may follow a different guideline of part-time work for international students.
  • How to get a fully sponsored Ph.D. program?
    There are many Ph.D. programs that are sponsored by various government agencies and councils. In order for you to get a full sponsorship, there are various parameters that you will have to fulfil. Moreover if your doctoral proposal is accepted by such councils we can apply for their sponsorship programs wherein you stand a chance to not only get a full fee waiver but also entitlement to a monthly stipend. A vast number of governments and foundations do invest a lot of money towards higher educational research. We can help you identify scholarships that best suit you.
  • How do I proceed in planning out my financials towards my course?
    On receipt of an offer letter from a university, an AdmissionAbroad counsellor will guide you on how you can proceed on getting your financials in order, be it self sponsored, family sponsored, or through an educational loan.
  • How much do I need to declare as assets to get my Visa approved?
    To ensure that you meet the financial requirements set out in Visa guidelines, you would need to provide proof of funds that cover your first year tuition fees and sufficient funds towards your living expenditure as set by the visa authorities of the respective countries. Please feel free to discuss the matter with our counsellors as these guidelines do change from time to time and our counsellors are well aware of such changes.
  • When do I have to pay for my Tuition fee?
    You will only pay your tuition fee when you have met all the conditions set out in your offer letter and your admission has been verified by the university authorities. Please note that there might be a nominal application/prospectus fee that you might be required to pay in some Universities/Colleges in order to apply.
  • What are the payment options/schedule for Tuition Fees?
    Most universities and colleges will allow you to make payments in at least 2 installments for a yearly tuition fee depending on your financial status and circumstance. The University/College might consider some flexible payment terms upon prior discussion and agreement. Certain universities do offer a discount upon full payment of your fees, before a stipulated time period set by the institute. Details of such waivers, if available, will be highlighted in your offer letter.
  • Are there any additional payments that I must be aware of?
    All countries require you to have a health insurance policy taken out before you travel for your further study. You may also be asked to have a life insurance policy.
  • What are the documents needed for admission to a course?
    Below is the list of documents needed for admissions abroad •    Passport (Front and Back pages with your details) •    Passport size photographs •    Class 10 mark sheet & pass certificate •    Class 12 mark sheet & pass certificate •    All UG mark sheets and Graduation certificate (if you are looking for a PG programme) •    Birth certificate •    Passport •    English proficiency exam scorecard •    Standardised tests scorecard •    Curriculum Vitae •    Statement of Purpose •    Two letters of recommendation (If you do not have work experience, you can provide two academic references. If you do have work experience, you can provide one professional and one academic reference)
  • What kind of personal identification is accepted?
    A passport is the only acceptable form of identification for applications into universities abroad.
  • What additional documents do I need for my Visa application?
    Other than your academic documents and offer letter from the university, you will be required to show some additional documents for your Visa to be considered. They are as follows: •Confirmation of payment towards your tuition fees. •Confirmation of enrolment towards the course (CAS/ECOE) •Proof of funds (financials may need to be verified by a chartered accountant, and at times legally notarised) •Life insurance policy •Proof of travel itinerary •Proof of accommodation
  • What types of facilities are provided inside the University Hostel for students?
    The type of facilities provided will depend on the infrastructure of the institute. For more information you can send us a message with the name of the institute and we can help you get more detailed information on the facilities provided.
  • Is there any accommodation available privately outside or near the University campus? If yes from where can I get the list?
    Apart from on campus accommodation and the university halls, students studying abroad also have the option of renting private homes, homestays and apartment sharing as options available to them. There are numerous agencies that have a comprehensive listing of houses and flats available to let.
  • What is the cost of in staying in a hostel?
    Cost structure of accommodation abroad will vary with country, type of accommodation, sharing structure and so on. However, if you want to check a specific accommodation/hostel please feel free to contact us and we can help you find the exact fee structure.
  • When and how do I have to pay for my hostel accommodation?
    You can pay for your accommodation directly to the institute depending on the choice of accommodation. The fees will be paid upon confirmation of admission and after having selected and booked the accommodation type. If you choose to stay in private rentals, you will be paying the rent as specified in the rental agreement with the owners or the letting agency.
  • Is it mandatory for me to stay in the university hostel?
    No, it is not mandatory. Most universities will allow you to choose wherever you want to stay.
  • Can I stay in Campus Hostel Room even after the end term examination?
    Some, but not all institutes will allow you stay in your hostel room even after the end term examination. However, it is wise to check with the institute if this option is provided.
  • Can I cook my own food inside my hostel room?
    An important part of university life abroad is to find time to do things for yourself. This includes cooking. You will be provided a kitchen space, regardless of whether you choose a single person rental or a shared accommodation type.
  • How about my safety on staying at the university accommodation/halls?
    On campus accommodations are safe and reliable places to stay and they are operated under university guidelines. However, you as an adult are expected to be vigilant and responsible.
  • What is included in the hostel fee?
    Inclusions on any accommodation abroad will depend on the type of accommodation you choose. For most cases, university accommodation fee will include water, gas and electricity bills, Wi-Fi and Internet bills and general maintenance bills. Private rentals will require you to pay each individual bill.
bottom of page